Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's March!

 
 
Posted by Picasa

I can hardly believe it's already March! And March means St. Patrick's Day. And y'all know how I don't like letting a holiday pass without at the least making themed cookies. Well, no cookies yet, but I did have an idea when I was in Walmart (of all places) yesterday. In the children's section, they had a rack of really soft t-shirts for $3.50. They were in several different colors and had a little pocket on the chest. I was trying to think of ways to make them cuter and not so plain, when I thought about doing an applique. Not a genius idea, and hardly original, I know. Anyway, I came home and used my seam ripper to remove the pocket on the shirt, then I got on my computer and found a picture of a shamrock that I used as a template to cut fabric. I cut the fabric slightly larger than the template so I would have room to fold under the raw edges. Then I just pinned it to the shirt and sewed it on! This was my first time ever doing an applique, so the results aren't perfect, but it turned out well enough for a play shirt! I had so much fun doing the shirt that I decided to do a dish towel ( I am obsessed with dish towels). This being my second experience with applique, turned out a little better.



No comments:

Post a Comment