Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's in the Bag!

About 2 weeks ago, Jay had a peanut convention. He has these several times a year, and they are always such fun. One of the only downsides I can think of is all of the "junk" you come home with. Dozens of vendors set up tables and give away stuff-and I assure you it is stuff! But who can pass up anything free?? Not I. Pens, hats, golf tees, canvas bags, key rings, anything a company can put it's name on...you get the idea. So, when he brought home a canvas bag full of this stuff, I wasn't surprised. The bag had been hanging on the back of a door, when I thought to myself how cute it could be if it didn't have the "ugly logo" on it. So, I decided to cover it up. I remembered seeing a post on a craft blog about how to print on fabric using your inkjet printer. Sounded easy enough. I scanned a picture of some coral that I had drawn, and added my name in a pretty font. For the "fabric paper" I bought some white batiste fabric and freezer paper, odd combination, I know. The freezer paper only has wax on one side, so I placed the fabric against the wax side of the paper and ironed it for 15-30 seconds- until it stuck. Then, I just cut the fabric to letter paper size (8.5x11) and fed it through my printer. Easy as that! After it was printed, all I had to do was sew it to the canvas bag. And, Voila! Here you have the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment