Friday, January 28, 2011

Love Affair



Every year, beginning around October, when the weather FINALLY begins to cool off, I have a love affair. With soup. Yes, it's true, ask my husband. So, truth be told, I this relationship is year round, but it really takes off around fall. Any kind of soup, stew, or chili becomes the object of my affection. Some of my favorites, just to name a few, are chicken noodle, vegetable beef, chicken tortilla, lentil, split pea, chili, the list goes on and on. Well, this week it happened to be Brunswick stew (a.k.a. camp stew, bbq soup, etc). I was so excited when I read the recipe and saw how EASY it was to make. So easy, that I am going to share it with you! Yay!

Brunswick Stew
1 bottle bbq sauce
28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
1-2 cups baby lima beans (or whatever beans you want to use)
4 cups of meat ( I like shredded chicken and pork, some like ground beef, too)
32 oz chicken broth
3-4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chopped (use more potatoes if you need stew to go further)
1 onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Saute onion in a large dutch oven until translucent. Add broth, tomatoes and BBQ sauce and bring to a boil. Add all other ingredients and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 1 hour ( I let mine simmer all day and it was divine!).

No comments:

Post a Comment